Press Releases & Media Alerts
Provence is revered globally for its benchmark rosé wines, but the unique mosaic of microclimates and soil types in Provence have been a draw for winemakers for centuries.
As the holidays near, U.S. consumers are embracing Provence wines as the ultimate food wines for year-round enjoyment and not just for summertime sipping.
Mid-year data released by the research firm Nielsen and French Customs data show imported premium rosé sales in U.S. at record highsPress Release
Exports of rosé wines from Provence to the U.S. continue to climb through the first half of 2016 as summer transitions to fall.
Just as harvest is getting underway in the region, Wine Enthusiast has named Provence, France as a nominee for Wine Enthusiast’s 2016 Wine Star Award for Wine Region of the Year. This marks the second nomination for the region, represented by Wines of Provence.
Wines of Provence is pleased to announce its participation, as an official sponsor, in the Windy City Wine Festival at the Buckingham Fountain in Chicago, September 9-10.
Summer is a time to enjoy longer days, warmer temperatures and the company of friends as we gather for barbeques and picnics.
SAN FRANCISCO, June 10, 2016 -- Wines of Provence is pleased to announce its participation in the 32nd FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen, June 17-19, the nation’s premier culinary festival.
The Rosé Research and Experimentation Center based in Provence is Global Leader for Color-Graphing Rosé Wine
Wines of Provence Announces Details of 2016 Four-City Trade Seminar Dates
Wines of Provence Releases US Sales Figures for Rosé | Largest Spike in 2015 over 12 Consecutive Years of GrowthPress Release
SAN FRANCISCO, February 22, 2016-- Wines of Provence announced that for the 12th straight year, exports of rosé wines from Provence to the United States have grown by double digits. Even as the American appetite for rosé continues to climb, the iconic dry rosé wines of Provence in particular have performed better still, with an astonishing 58% increase in sales volume over the last year, and an even more impressive 74% increase in value, according to the French customs agency and the CIVP/Vins de Provence. This is the largest spike, or increase, in Provence rosé exports to the U.S. since 2001.
Rosé Wines from Provence Aim for Deeper National Awareness with SF Agency
Provence in the City US Tour (#PITC16) | Wines of Provence Announce Details of Three-City Trade Tasting DatesMedia Alert
Wines of Provence is pleased to announce the details of its February 2016 three-city U.S. tour. Provence in the City offers the finest opportunity to learn about the origins of rosé and to taste the world's best AOP rosés. Over 65 stellar wines will be poured from over 25 winemakers, top rosés along with many of the wineries red and white wines.
Provence Wineries to Pour Celebrated Wines at “Provence in the City” Tasting Events in Houston, Chicago, Boston and New York in February 2016Media Alert
Eigth annual Provence in the City (PITC) tour to showcase wines from the world’s oldest and only region specializing in rosé production through educational seminars and tasting events.
Works of Art are Showcased at the Region's Vineyards
Nowhere are the dual passions of wine and travel so inextricably linked as in the exquisite French region of Provence, celebrated as the birthplace of rosé wine and the largest rosé specialty region in the world.
Provence Rosé Exports to the U.S. Continue to Soar Through First Half of 2015 as Summer Transitions to FallPress Release
Ongoing consumer demand for dry rosé wine confirms the establishment of rosé as a third category of wine
Visitors to Provence are Welcomed to Wineries and Wine Tasting Centers, Châteaux and Art Shows
– Dry rosé wine is a stylish, elegant wine for bridal showers and weddings –
Consumer demand continues for dry rosé wine, with imported rosé sales growing at double-digit rates each year since 2004
Provence Wine Council to Unveil Its 2014 Vintage at “Provence in the City” Events in New York City, San Francisco and Los Angeles, March 2-5, 2015Press Release
–Iconic Provence rosé, red, and white wines to debut at important wine tasting and pairing events–
— 7th annual Provence in the City tour features educational seminars and tasting events, with producers present in each city —
— Christmas markets, dinners, and cultural events combine with wine tasting on wine estates across the Provence region —
— Provence’s versatile dry rosés are a perfect match for holiday foods —
– Journalists and sommeliers explore diverse, versatile wine styles from the birthplace of rosé –
– Consumers drive demand: Nielsen data shows imported premium rosé sales at record highs –
– Grape variety, climate, winemaking processes all play a role –
– June 13 and 14 rosé wine cruises to include 18 wines from Provence, the world’s largest rosé specialty region –
– Media and wine professionals to experience the diversity of the region's rosé, red, and white wines at wine tasting and pairing events –
– Consumer demand keeps pace, with imported rosé sales growing at double-digit rates each year since 2004 –
– Versatile, affordable wines match seasonal meals, make wonderful aperitifs –
– Beautiful Crop Expected to Yield Typical Volumes –
– As cycling’s biggest event rolls through Provence, enjoy the food and wine of the region –
– First event of its kind combines Mondial du Rosé wine competition and International Symposium on Rosé Wine 2013 on Mediterranean coast –
– Media and trade professionals invited to sample the region's gold standard rosé wines
– Media and trade professionals invited to taste the region's gold standard rosé wines –
Provence Rosé Exports to the U.S. and Imported Rosé Retail Sales Each Grow at Double-Digit Rates, Extending Multi-Year TrendsPress Release
– Rosé sales volumes grow at 15 times the rate of total table wines in the U.S. during 2012 –
– Jill Zimorski earns trip to Provence for her wine promotion at Prospect Restaurant –
– Festive and food friendly, Provence’s gold standard dry rosé wine sets the right tone –
– Romantic and food friendly, Provence’s gold standard dry rosé is a year-round favorite –
Côtes de Provence Announces On-Premise Wine Promotion Challenge for U.S.-Based Sommeliers and RestaurateursMedia Alert
– Winner receives a trip to Provence for two persons –
– Provence rosé is versatile and food friendly, offering the character of a red wine with the crispness of a white –
– Dry rosé appeal continues dynamic growth trend, with Provence setting the standard –
– Producers from Provence’s largest appellations will pour their gold standard rosé wines in the Grand Tasting Pavilion –
– With double-digit growth recorded each of the last eight years, export volumes of Provence rosé to the United States are at an all-time high –
– Media and wine professionals invited to sample the region's gold standard rose wines, along with exemplary reds and whites –
– Average price per bottle also rises, as consumers seek out quality –
– Think dry rosé from Provence for holiday cheer –
– Food-friendly Provence rosés pair well with holiday’s diverse flavors –
– Free directories list Côtes de Provence rosé wines available in three key markets, along with technical notes, importers, and suggested retail pricing –
Vins de Provence to Be Exclusive Wine Sponsor for July 10 “Bastille Day on 60th Street” Festival in New YorkPress Release
– The Provence region’s premier rosé wines to be featured at tasting events and highlighted in “sensory challenge” and scavenger hunt –
– Exports of rosé and red wines increased 132% by value and 85% by volume –
– Provence, the “gold standard” of the rosé category, will be the only French region at the event; six Provence producers will pour their 2010 rosé vintage –
– Fast-growing wine category is perfect pairing for May 8 celebrations –
Provence Wine Producers Pour Celebrated Dry Rosé Wines at “Provence in the City” Events in Los Angeles, New York, and BostonPress Release
– Fastest-growing French wine region in exports to the U.S. showcases its rosé category –
Imported Rosé Sales Show Dynamic Growth for 6th Straight Year, as Provence Wine Exports to the U.S. Jump 50%Press Release
– Rosé sales grow at five times the rate of total table wine sales in the U.S. in 2010 –
– A Provence rosé is a romantic match –
Provence rosé exports to the U.S. jump 58%
By volume, in 2015.